Thursday, March 15, 2012

new life.

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold:
when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

new beginnings

little leaves
It really was one of those days. After waking up to two inches of snow on Tuesday, we hit a balmy 64 degrees last Friday. It was lovely. Nice and warm in the sun, but a bit chilly in the shade. I captured a few of the pretty new leaves on our hydrangea bush. Those little leaves were so happy just soaking up the sun. Spring is on her way, friends. He is breathing life into everything around us. And after some dark and dreary months, He is breathing some new life into me. And that makes me happy.

7 comments:

MeaganMusing said...

Excellent focus. I love spring! The light is so new and fresh and pretty. I look at it differently now, as a pseudo-photographer, than I used to.

Unknown said...

Pretty, we aren't quite that far yet.

Shawntae said...

I'm happy about Spring arriving too. Thrilled actually.:) Gorgeous shots.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote. Beautiful images. So glad you are feeling new life! :) (((hugs)))

Carla said...

Love, love, love. Can't wait for things to be green again. Great shots.

Heather M. said...

oh yay for green and signs of spring! it will be a while before things get green here. i should come visit and get my fill early where you live.

Katlyn Larson said...

I love your photos! They are so beautiful and captivating. Keep up the good work my dear.

I found you one pnwblogger.com & am your newest follower!

xoxo Katlyn
http://katlynlarson.blogspot.com