Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 365+1

365+1 January 2012


So, I kinda decided to do a 365 (+1) project this year. A fellow blogger kinda convinced me when she emailed me after I had commented on a post about her 365 project. She told me that she goes into her 365 project thinking:
1. It's ok to quit.
2. Nothing has to be perfect or gorgeous.
3. Show life how it actually is.
She just happened to address three things I have a difficult time with. Unless someone is paying me or grading me I tend to have problems committing to projects. Something I need to work on. And I often feel like I can't show life how it actually is because it's not perfect or gorgeous, and I really want it to be perfect and/or gorgeous. (Even though I know life will never be either.) I knew better than to commit to doing this project with my Nikon. I signed-up for Tracey Clark's Picture Inspiration last year and I maybe got half way through it. Or maybe not. So I have committed to doing this project with my iPhone on Instagram (andreameisgeier if you're looking for me.) I always have my phone with me.

Anyway, here are my photos for January. I even put them in order. My template had 36 squares, so I threw-in an extra five photos for ya, starting with the eighth photo (that glorious purple sunset) and going diagonally down to the last photo. January was easy in terms of numbering my photos. Let's just hope I get the numbering correct for the rest of the year. And yes Erika, your mission is complete! You got Andrea to do a 365! ;-)

(And maybe next year I will do a 365 with my big girl camera. Or maybe not. I have 335 days to decide.)
 

12 comments:

Amanda said...

What an excellent idea!! I love these big collages. And I really, really, REALLY love my iPhone and Instagram. :)

Erika said...

I can now rest. My mission has been completed. Carry on, soldier!

Amanda Kelley said...

Ok...something I need to add when I get my i-phone next month. I didn't think I needed one until I see all of these collages. WOW.

I love all of these shots, love them! I think the random-ness is so fun, your so creative.

Unknown said...

Love your collage!
I've never been able to commit to a 365 either but seeing everyone's beautiful 365 projects was kind of tugging at my heart. And then as we got further and further into January I realized I had actually taken a photo a day so I might as well stay on a roll. So while I still haven't completely commited to it, so far so good.

MeaganMusing said...

This is such a great way to do a 365! I thought about it, but there's just no way I could do it with my big camera. I applaud you for taking this on! Awesome job!
I had my Intagrams from last year made in to a Blurb book and I love it so much! It was super easy too. Just something to keep in mind if you want to have paper copies of any of these.

Jessica said...

That is awesome, Andrea! It's inspiring to see you growing in this way, moving past your self-imposed limitations to explore the possibilities around you. How did you find the template?

stacey said...

I love seeing them all together in a collage! So great!!

Unknown said...

Awesome collage. I love the paints and the blinds the best : ) but all of the days are so fantastic.

Heather M. said...

this is awesome. i'm so happy for you, doing this 365. i'm in my 5th year of doing it (yes, i'm slightly crazy) and just can't stop because at the end of the year when i put together the slideshow (and then the book) I realize what a worthwhile project it is. And while part of doing it is because I love to take photos, for me, the biggest part is documenting our lives (especially my kids). I remind myself of that often. I totally agree with Erika's points as well. Something else my photography instructor told me that was a HUGE help is that one photo is better than no photo so even if you only take 300 photos that year, it's still 300 photos more of your life that you have now than you had before. So what if it's not exactly 365? I always keep that in mind when I want to give up and somehow it keeps me going.

Heather M. said...

Oh and if you're bored and have about 12 minutes and 33 seconds, you can watch my 2011 slideshow on my blog. Here's a link: http://heathermoll.typepad.com/running_the_race/2012/01/one-photo-every-day-2011-edition.html

How's that for a blatant plug?! ;)

Shawntae said...

The collage is great! I've been wanting to do one too... which program do you use to make the collage? Is it a template?

I forgot to say anything back when you said something about my header! I didn't use a template, just eyeballed it the best I could and left some white space at the top for my text.. Resizing the pics appropriately was the hardest part, and I'm pretty sure I made it harder on myself than I needed to... like always.:)

Rose said...

These are great! Oh how I wish I had an iPhone, I would be taking tons of pictures ALL the time with it.

I'm doing 365 too. I set up a Tumblr account for it, but they also get uploaded to my Flickr account. Right now I use my big camera or what ever I can get my hands on.